Ok, so it’s time to lift up the tempo a bit.
We Mean Well is the third track (after The Drop and Hotel) that has been recorded using the remote “Lockdown 2020” method – you know the one that sees 3 guys who used to be in a band together stuck in their houses with only their instruments (and their families, and everything else in their houses) for company. With unexpected large swathes of time on their hands, they concoct an idea to try and remember some of their old songs.
We Mean Well actually had a pretty decent recording back in the day, but June really fancied cutting loose on this one, must have been the up-tempo-Hungarian-ska-grunge feel to it that did it.
You know the score by now:
- Drums – Ben’s iPhone in his
- Bass – Straight into a laptop from the comfort of Jon’s study. Quite near a kettle.
- Guitar – It was Ol in the dining room with the USB gaming mic and Fender Jaguar
- Vocals – June just revealed that the previous tracks were recorded just using the mic off her phone earphones, but this time around she upgraded to a proper vocal mic!
- Video – just 4 phones and a rank amateur video editor with crappy free edit tools.
Update: April 2022, all audio has been remixed by Speaks
Enjoy and feel free to Contact Us for further info.
The Goodstock Project : We Mean Well
Download MP3 or Listen Below
- Writers: Paul Collins, Tom Sheals-Barrett, Ben Hornby, Jon Sealby, Alan Winn, Rebecca Holland
- Performed by: June, Jon, Ben, Ol
- Recorded by: June, Jon, Ben, Ol
- Mixed by: Speaks
© 2001 – 2022, the above named assert their rights as authors and copyright owners, downloads for personal listening only, not to be re-used anywhere without the consent of the writers and performers, please Contact Us